Friday, June 24, 2011

Our Community Needs You

.
Over the last decade I’ve preferred to maintain a very low profile so I can keep the work I do with clients confidential. Those that know me well know I tend to be quite and like to stay out of the spotlight. However, part of my personality also keeps me from just standing by when there’s a problem and I know I can help in some way. I developed the BizGrowth CHALLENGE because the people on Saipan have been very good to me and my family over the last 14 years, and I want to give back to the community.

The Wednesday session of the Symposium went very well with Tony Pellegrino introducing his air bridge concept to local farmers. When he asked how many farmers were currently selling to Guam, no one raised their hands. By creating an inexpensive distribution channel to Guam, farmers will have a greater incentive to use their land to grow more crops. In the group that I facilitated, there was some discussion to start a farmer’s coop, and to encourage more youth to explore farming as a serious vocation. CREES offered training sessions and continues to be a major resource for farmers.

Tony Pellegrino will also share his concept with individuals attending the Symposium being offered today. The air bridge will not only benefit farmers, it will help reduce the cost of shipping between the islands and indirectly help the entire community. If you’re a businessperson, you should see several possible benefits you’ll gain from the air bridge.

For those who are still undecided about participating in the BizGrowth CHALLENGE, here are a few reasons why you should consider coming today and participating in the 12-week program:

• Learn the latest business principles for success. First of all, the entire program is focused on creating sustainable growth for your business. You will get an abundance of information over the next 12 weeks that I’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars to stay current on the latest business principles, and I’ve spent thousands of hours developing for clients. Some of the concepts have been touched on briefly in my weekly column in the Tribune, but typically, only my clients that have paid me $1,200-$1,500 per month have used this material.
• Marketing using new technology. Most Saipan business are not effectively utilizing the Internet or social networks to market their business online, so you’ll get a listing in an interactive website that I’ve spent almost a year developing and testing, and that incorporates some of the best ideas from websites that are extremely popular in the U.S. This listing is good for over two months and then you can either cancel or continue, but it is just the first phase of some other powerful online marketing concepts that you’ll know about first if you’re part of the CHALLENGE.
• SWOT analysis in your 6 Strategic Dimensions. You’ll learn how to develop effective systems in the 6 Strategic Dimensions that are part of every business. These work like the systems in your body (nervous system, cardio-pulmonary system, respiratory system, etc.), and if one of these systems is malfunctioning in your business, it can have a crippling effect on the body of your organization. You can choose one, two, or three Dimensions that you want to focus on, or participate in all 6 by taking a simple inventory, evaluating the results and coming up with a game plan to strengthen it.
• Weekly online customer service training. Every week you’ll get a report – not just a few pages – but complete information to include assessments, checklists, and details in 12 critical areas of the customer service puzzle. These cover the pre-transaction, transaction, and post-transaction phases of customer service. You’ll also get articles and instructions and other materials to conduct your own training sessions with your staff. This was developed for clients on Guam, and only a few have seen it here.

OUR COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU: We are in a real crisis situation that requires a turn around, and I’m not going to pretend that I can do it alone, but I know that if enough businesses come together to make a serious attempt to turn the economy around, it can and will happen. I’ve got tremendous support from many individuals in the public and private sectors with whom I’ve shared the BizGrowth CHALLENGE mission, so I know many are interested in making a difference and helping to keep Saipan a great place to live and raise a family. I also realize that we may only make a dent in the economy at this time, but if we can start the process of rebuilding, the momentum will continue to carry us forward and create a catalyst for dramatic change in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment